Thanks to a Freudian slip from Steve Martin, we have learned that season three of Only Murders in the Building will premiere on August 8th.
- Earlier today at the Walt Disney Company’s Advertising Upfront presentation, it was confirmed that the next season of the hit series will indeed debut on August 8th.
- As reported by Variety, Steve Martin casually dropped the release date for the third season of Hulu’s Only Murders in the Building during his “You Won’t Believe What They Look Like Today!” tour with Martin Short.
- During the show, Martin and Short gave updates on what they’ve been up to recently, showing a picture of them alongside their co-stars Selena Gomez, Meryl Streep and Paul Rudd.
- At one point, Martin stated, “Catch the new season August 8,” which was followed by Short responding, “Our show is like Steve trying to pee — it streams for 33 minutes.”
About Only Murders in the Building:
- Only Murders in the Building is an American mystery-comedy television series created by Steve Martin and John Hoffman.
- The ten-episode first season premiered on Hulu in August 2021.
- The plot follows three strangers played by Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez, with a shared interest in a true crime podcast.
- The series has received critical acclaim for its comedic approach to crime fiction, as well as the performances and chemistry among the lead performers.
- The show’s second season, which wrapped up in August 2022, ended with a one-year time jump and introduced Paul Rudd as Ben Glenroy, a stage co-star of Charles’ (Steve Martin). We won’t spoil what happens in those moments, but if you want to know, check out Alex’s recap of the episode (or just go watch the show – it’s great!).
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now