View Latest Updates (Last Update: 7/31/2020)
7/31/2020: Updated weekend operating hours
7/8/2020: Added link to our DTD sortable guide; added operating hours
7/1/2020: Created page
Downtown Disney Reopening
In light of recent events, government and health officials have given states the go ahead to being phased reopening. As Disneyland determines what that will look like for their entire Resort, they are currently planning on welcoming guests back to Downtown Disney on July 9th with limited offerings. For more information on which stores and restaurants will be opening, please check out our sortable guide. Below is a guide to the restrictions and requirements in place for all guests.
Guidelines, Restrictions, and Safety Measures
Everyone is excited to get back to Disneyland Resort, and Disney is happy to see us too! However, in order for Disney to keep welcoming guests back, they are following guidelines set forth by federal and local health and government officials. On top of that, Disney has their own rules and guidelines in place for the safety of all guests, Cast Members, and Operating Participants.
- Downtown Disney will be open Monday-Thursday from 10am-8pm.
- As of July 31st, weekend operating hours (Friday-Sunday) are 10am-9pm.
- Individual stores and restaurants may have different hours than Downtown Disney.
- Please visit our guide for specific locations.
- Entertainment offerings such as The VOID and Splitsville will not be open during the initial reopening phase.
- Following state guidelines, stand-alone bars will remain closed during this phase.
Parking and Entry
- During this initial reopening phase, guests will be instructed to self-park in the Simba Parking Lot and make their way to the Downtown Disney District entrance adjacent to the Disneyland Hotel, near Earl of Sandwich.
- All other Guest parking locations will be closed.
- Rideshare drop-offs will occur on Harbor Boulevard guest drop-off and pick-up location, or at the Downtown Disney District guest drop-off and pick-up location on Downtown Drive.
- All guests, Cast Members, vendors, and operating participant employees will be screened with a touchless thermometer at all entrances.
- Any guest with a temperature of 100.4° (degrees) or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance.
- Those who still have a temperature of 100.4° (degrees) or higher at the rescreening will not be allowed entry.
- All members of their party will be denied entry as well.
- It is encouraged that all guests check their temperature prior to visiting Downtown Disney.
Guests are required to bring and wear face coverings when visiting the Downtown Disney District.
All face coverings should:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
Physical Distancing Measures
- Downtown Disney will be limiting the number of guests allowed in the entertainment district as well as in shops and restaurants.
- Ground markings will be present when queuing is required.
- Physical barriers will also be installed in some locations.
- Directional signage has also been installed.
Other Safety Measures
- Disney has increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
- Additionally, the Downtown Disney District will reopen with hand sanitizer and hand-washing locations, and guests are highly encouraged to use these while visiting.
- Guests are encouraged to use cashless payment options such as debit cards, credit cards, and Disney gift cards.
- Guests can also use contactless payment options or use cash to purchase Disney gift cards at select locations.