Celebrating 23 years of pop culture fandom, Fan Expo is soon taking over downtown Toronto, Ontario, and thousands will revel in the joy that this four-day convention brings. Much like San Diego’s Comic Con, there will be cosplay and the curious walking around the heart of Toronto from August 31st through September 3rd.
It seems like everyone is hosting a pop culture event these days, but Fan Expo has showcased a steady stream of top tier talent for decades. This year is no different, and the best part is that no matter your interest, you will find multiple panels, events, and attractions that would keep you busy for four days straight.
Since this is a Disney fan site, I am going to highlight the top five venues that offer the Disney fan a chance to connect with and meet up close and personal.
Here are the can’t miss items at Fan Expo 2017 for the Disney fan.
- Zachary Levi: Flynn Rider himself will be in town to host a panel, and meet with fans to sign autographs. I’m sure he has answers for everything Tangled and Thor.
- Anthony Daniels: C3PO will be hosting a panel and signing autographs. The chance to ask Daniels a question is something that any Star Wars fan would love to have the opportunity to do, and this weekend is your chance.
- Robby Benson and Paige O’Hara: Belle and Beast are set to make their appearance all weekend signing autographs and meeting fans. Their panel would be something that any Beauty and the Beast fan would not want to miss.
- Richard Dreyfuss: Mr. Holland in the flesh and waiting to meet fans and answer questions about his storied career. Although he is famous for Jaws, his Oscar nominated role for Holland’s Opus, Dreyfuss has a lengthy Disney background.
- Star Wars: Rebels: The premier to the hit Disney show will take place Saturday morning followed by a panel with the stars of the show. The premier to the final season and the after discussion would be something that all Star Wars fans must attend.
Plus, Kathleen Turner, an exhibit of the Thor: Ragnarok costumes, exclusive Marvel and Star Wars toys at the Hasbro store, artist alley where you can meet a plethora of Marvel comic book geniuses, and they even have virtual reality gaming.
Stay tuned as I try to cover as much as possible from my visit.