To kick things off, a delightfully perky, high energy dance crew performed to the attraction's theme "Nothing Can Stop Us Now.” Those dancers were joined by a chorus line of the sensational six in their traditional attire. As the song concluded, the mice of the hour escorted Walt Disney World Resort President Josh D'Amaro to center stage for the dedication of the first-ever ride-through attraction based on Mickey and Mickey.
Clad in a basic Walt Disney World Mickey Mouse T-shirt and a blazer, D'Amaro shared the team's excitement for the "groundbreaking" attraction. During his opening remarks, he offered a special thank you to Imagineers Kevin Rafferty and Charita Carter and their teams along with the WDW Cast Members.
Also in his speech, D’Amaro called the attraction "a crowning achievement in the park's multi-year transformation.” He continued, “This park once took you behind the scenes. Now you can put yourself at the center of your favorite stories. Right here you can travel deep into the Star Wars galaxy, you can be transformed into a toy and play in Toy Story Land and now you can even enter Mickey and Minnie's cartoon world."
As he concluded his remarks, D’Amaro invited a couple of Cast Member’s kids to give an oversized train whistle a toot that kicked off a burst of pyrotechnics. Mickey, Minnie, and friend were joined on stage for another rendition of the attraction theme — this time performed in a more modern style, giving the legendary characters a chance to show off their dance moves.
If you couldn’t be there yourself, you can watch our full video of the even below:
More Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway:
- Photos – Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Merchandise at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Ear Hat by Kevin Rafferty Joins the Disney Parks Designer Collection
- Photos – Take a Look Inside the Mickey Shorts Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Fun Facts and Easter Eggs to Look For When Riding Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Last Peek at Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Released Hours Before The New Attraction Opens