Star Wars: The Last Jedi is set to arrive on Blu-ray and DVD on March, 27th following its recent release on digital. As if that’s not exciting enough, Oh My Disney sat down with Star Wars newcomer, Kelly Marie Tran and BB-8 (!) to watch the film ahead of its release. Kelly plays Rose a Resistance mechanic who literally just lost her sister in the most recent attack. She catches Finn trying to make an escape and winds up on a secret mission with him. In this video, she shares her experience on the set and what it was like working with John Boyega (Finn) and Rian Johnson. Check it out below:
Top 5 takeaways from this rewatch:
- Tran’s first day on set felt like playing in the Super Bowl. She had to tell herself to concentrate. Of course with R2-D2 and C-3PO nearby it was easy to get distracted!
- She became good friends with her on screen sister, Veronica Ngo (Paige) even though they didn’t share any screen time. They have similar background stories and are both Vietnamese.
- Tran got to see the Porgs at their inception and even “got to feather them in the creature department.” Wow! That had to be an experience.
- Working with John Boyega was the best. Having just been one of the newcomers to the Star Wars universe, John knew what it was like to go through this experience. He was really supportive and they connected right away.
- Tran really liked what Rian Johnson did with the relationship between Kylo Ren and Rey. While not everyone supports their connection, Tran mentions that their experiences must be difficult and lonely and bringing them together makes sense.
What was your favorite tidbit form this video? Also, how do you feel about Porgs? Let us know!
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on March 27th. If you can’t wait until then, it is available on digital and Alex reviewed all of the special features.