Alaska Airlines unveiled an Incredibles 2 plane today, ahead of the June 15, 2018 release of the film. The aircraft was unveiled to a crowd of more than 2,000 cheering students during Alaska Airlines’ celebration Aviation Day at the airlines’ Seattle hangar. This follows Pixar partnering with Southwest Airlines for last year’s release of Coco.
- Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
- Tail Number: N519AS
- Maximum Speed: 530 miles per hour
Incredibles 2 Features:
- The Parr family—Bob, Helen, Violet, Dash and baby Jack-Jack—spans the fuselage
- An Incredibles logo when passengers board
- An image of the raccoon from the film, Jack-Jack’s nemesis, for guests seated over the wings.
What They Are Saying:
- Natalie Bowman, Alaska Airlines’ Managing Director of Brand Marketing and Advertising: “This plane will delight guests of all ages from San Francisco to New York and beyond. Like all of us at Alaska Airlines, many of our guests have anxiously awaited Incredibles 2. We’re honored to take this incredible family to new heights and share the imagery with travelers across our expansive route network.”
- Nicole Grindle and John Walker, Incredibles 2 Producers: “These characters are among the most celebrated characters in the Pixar family. After waiting 14 years to see them on the big screen again, fans will love seeing them on their Alaska Airlines plane, too.”
Other Disney Themed Alaska Airlines Planes:
- “Spirit of Disneyland II,” launched in 2009;
- “Adventure of Disneyland Resort” Cars Land at Disney California Adventure plane, launched in 2013
More on Incredibles 2
- “Incredibles 2” Announces 14 Brand Partners for Promotions
In Incredibles 2, Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose super powers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side.