Community alum Yvette Nicole Brown has been cast in the upcoming live-action remake of Disney’s animated classic Lady and the Tramp according to a report from Variety.
- Brown will play Aunt Sarah in the new film.
- The live-action Lady and the Tramp does not currently have a planned release date but it is headed to the Disney Streaming Service, which is scheduled to launch in 2019.
- Charlie Bean (director of The LEGO Ninjago Movie) will direct the new film, while Tessa Thompson and Justin Theroux will join Brown as the title characters.
- Additionally, Benedict Wong will voice a stray English Bulldog named Bull, Ashley Jensen (known for playing Christina McKinney on ABC’s Ugly Betty and Maggie Jacobs on HBO’s Extras) will voice a Scottish Terrier named Jackie.
- Brown starred in NBC’s Community for 99 episodes and is also a frequent guest on AMC Talking Dead after show series.
- Disney’s original animated version of Lady and the Tramp was released in 1955.
- This remake is just one of several projects that will be exclusive to the upcoming service. Other films on the slate include a live-action Sword and the Stone, an adaptation of the book Stargirl starring Grace VanderWaal, and the Anna Kendrick vehicle Noelle.