Disney Channel has reportedly ordered a pilot for the autism-themed comedy The A Girl, according to Deadline.
- The A Girl will be a comedy focusing on a teenage girl on the autism spectrum.
- The new series will be created by Brenda Hampton, creator of popular series like 7th Heaven and The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
- Steven K. Tsuchida will direct the new series.
- No premiere date for the new series has been announced at this time.
- Stacy Wiener
- Dora Dolphin
- Cameron Caulfield
- Faly Rakotohavan
- Noah Ziggy James
- Amy Farrington
- “The A Girl follows the unlikely friendship between two girls who are forced together in a new “Friends Program” in their middle school: Daisy (Dolphin), the Queen Bee, who isn’t used to being told the truth, and Zoe (Wiener), a girl on the autism spectrum who would rather fly solo, and who can’t help do anything but that. They are completely different but find out they have more in common than they thought.”
ICYMi – More Disney Channel news:
- Disney Channel released a music video for the brand new song “Legendary,” in honor of the United Nations International Day of the Girl.
- Disney announced the new organizational structure for their Media Networks segment (TV) for after the acquisition of 21st Century Fox.
- Check out our review of Disney Channel’s new animated series Star Wars Resistance.
- Check out our review of Disney Channel’s animated feature Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors.