ABC has reportedly given a put pilot commitment to a half-hour, multi-camera comedy series inspired by Ryan Seacrest and Kelly Ripa titled Work Wife, according to Deadline.
- The series is inspired by the real life friendship between Seacrest and Ripa, who co-host ABC’s Live with Kelly & Ryan.
- The series comes from Seacrest’s Ryan Seacrest Productions, Ripa and Mark Consuelos’ Milojo Productions and ABC Studios and will be written by Michael Ian Black.
- Executive Producers will include Seacrest, Black, Nina Wass and Andrea Shay as well as Ripa, Consuelos and Albert Bianchini for Milojo.
- ‘Work Wife’ is an ensemble half-hour multi-camera comedy that explores the dynamics surrounding our “work spouses,” who have very few boundaries with each other, and how that impacts their relationships with everyone else.
ICYMI – More ABC news:
- Bob Saget is set to host Videos After Dark, a new comedy reality series coming to ABC.
- ABC released a casting call asking if you’re ready to show off your miniature golf skills for a chance to win a big cash prize.
- Hulu’s Live TV subscription bundle is expanding to include ABC News Live and CBSN.
- Earlier this week, ABC aired Disney Night on Dancing with the Stars and Dancing with the Stars Juniors.
- ABC has reportedly given a pilot production commitment to NYPD Blue that will focus on the son of Detective Andy Sipowicz.