As New York City gears up for the grand opening of Mickey: The True Original Exhibition, Disney has revealed more details about unique experiences, exhibition sponsors, and commemorative merchandise that will be available exclusively at the Mickey Maker Shop.
- Disney announced today more details surrounding the ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition including commemorative merchandise and unique experiences brought to life by exhibition sponsors including:
- Google Home
- Beats by Dr. Dre (Beats)
- Brooklyn-based creamery Ample Hills
- Disney fans can commemorate their visit to Mickey: The True Original Exhibition by stopping in at Mickey’s Maker Shop.
- Mickey’s Maker Shop is a retail store that will offer:
- Exhibition-branded merchandise
- Timed product drops throughout the run
- Select pieces from 90th anniversary ‘True Original’ capsule collections currently available at retail
- Custom products personalized on-site
- Mickey: The True Original Exhibition runs from November 8, 2018–February 10, 2019.
- The retail store is open Tuesdays – Sundays from 10 am–8 pm (closed Mondays).
- Exhibition tickets are not required to access the shop.
- A limited number of items from the collection will be available for purchase on shopDisney.com when the exhibition opens on November 8.
Mickey’s Maker Shop:
- Inspired by Mickey’s spirit of creativity and originality, Mickey’s Maker Shop will feature a lab-like retail experience that allows guests to customize souvenirs to commemorate their visit.
- Using special patches and embroidery, guests will be able to personalize a variety of items including T-shirts, hats from New Era Cap and Mickey Mouse ear hats.
- Highlights of the shop include:
- ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ Collection- The retail store feature a collection celebrating Mickey’s transcendent impact on popular culture and art with a diverse assortment of exhibition-themed apparel, souvenirs and stationery products. Guests will find Mickey ear hats featuring chapters in Mickey’s story and the exhibition logo, which can be customized on-site. Additionally, women’s, men’s and kid’s T-shirts and fleece, notebooks, totes, lanyards and pen sets will be available for purchase. The store will also offer high-end collectible items from exhibition artists like James Jean.
- Timed Product Releases- On select Saturday mornings from November 10 – February 10, the exhibition will release products including pin sets, Medicom Be@rbricks, and Funko collectibles. Quantities vary and will only be available while supplies last. Follow @MickeyTrueOriginal on Instagram for the latest updates on limited-edition product releases.
- ‘The True Original’ 90th Anniversary Capsule Collections- The store will feature select pieces from anniversary collections with ‘true original’ brands including rag & bone, New Era Cap, Vault by Vans, Sugarfina, TASCHEN, Polaroid, and more. Products from exhibition sponsors will also be available, including Mickey Mouse-themed accessories for Google Home devices and Mickey Mouse-branded Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones.
- As previously announced, the rag & bone X Disney Mickey Mouse collection will be worn by Disney cast members working the Exhibition.
What they’re saying:
- Ken Potrock, President, Consumer Products Commercialization; Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products: “We can’t wait to open the doors to ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ and invite our Guests into this truly spectacular experiential world. This is just the beginning as we create immersive experiences that bring our consumers closer to the characters, products and content they love.”
- Guests visiting the Exhibition will be able to enjoy interactive moments featured throughout the experience brought to life by:
- Google Home
- Beats by Dre
- Ample Hills creamery
- Exhibition guests will be invited to join in a special game show with Mickey Mouse and his friends.
- Each player will be paired up with one of Mickey’s friends (Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald, Daisy) as their pal to answer trivia questions about Mickey’s adventures over the years.
- Fans who aren’t able to attend the exhibition can still play the game with Mickey and friends using Google Home. Just say, “Hey Google, play Mickey’s Game Show” to get started.
Beats by Dre:
- Following the launch of Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones – Mickey Mouse’s 90th Anniversary Edition, Beats will continue to celebrate Mickey and his influence on the artist community with integration into the Exhibition lounge.
- Designed by Beats, the space will showcase imagery and videos from the collaboration’s campaign featuring talent including Anne-Marie, Lil Yachty and more, shot by famed Polaroid photographer Maripol.
Ample Hills Creamery:
- Ample Hills will stir guests’ senses with complimentary tastings from their Disney Mickey Mouse Collection of birthday cake ice cream flavors.
For more information be sure to check our our Mickey’s 90th birthday guide.