Everyone is a fan of Mickey Mouse, including Beats by Dr. Dre. In honor of the iconic character, the sound masters are releasing a Mickey Mouse 90th Anniversary Edition of the Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones. Along with the upcoming release of the headphones, Beats has partnered with individual artist for an “It all started with a mouse” campaign that focuses on what inspired them to strive for greatness.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links on Amazon.com. Your purchase will support Laughing Place by providing us a small commission and will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Beats by Dr. Dre is releasing a new Mickey Mouse 90th Anniversary Edition of the Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones.
- The new headphones retail for $325.95 are available now for pre-order on Amazon.
- Fans will also be able to purchase the headphones on Apple.com and at Apple stores, Disney.com and Best Buy starting November 11, 2018.
The good stuff:
- The cool-gray, on-ear wireless headphone features an all-over design resurrecting Mickey Mouse’s iconic pose worn by music legends throughout the eras.
- Whether you’re playing your favorite Disney soundtrack or heading to one of Disney’s parks, music lovers on-the-go will appreciate Fast Fuel that provides 3 hours of playback after just 5 minutes of charging.
- Stay comfortable no matter what. The cushioned, pivoting ear cups adjust so you can customize your fit for all-day listening comfort.
- Keep the magic going with award-winning sound with up to an incredible 40 hours of battery life.
- The Apple W1 chip provides an easy one-step Bluetooth connection and the added ability to toggle seamlessly between iCloud-registered devices.
- The special-edition headphones also come with a unique, custom felt case inspired by the materials from Mickey Mouse ear hats plus a collectible 90th Anniversary pin and decal sticker.
“It All Started with a Mouse” campaign:
- Beats by Dre is more than just a company making headphones. Their latest campaign—a collaboration with Disney—focuses on young artists and creators and what inspires them.
- Walt Disney own words, “I hope we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse,” emphasized how much of Disney was established on the introduction of Mickey Mouse in 1928. These words provided the perfect muse for this campaign.
- The collaboration between Disney and Beats builds on this idea by looking at the origin stories of young artists including:
- American rapper Lil Yachty
- British singer-songwriter Anne-Marie
- Chinese actress Zhou Dongyu
- Japanese pop duo AMIAYA
- This campaign was shot by Maripol, a famed Polaroid photographer who recorded and influenced emerging artists that later embodied the creative scene of eighties New York. In addition to taking polaroids, she also filmed the collaboration and talent with a vintage camera to capture the nostalgic sentiment key to Disney’s magic.