The World’s Biggest Mouse Party is happening now at Shanghai Disney Resort and fans are welcome to join the epic celebration of the one and only Mickey Mouse.
- To honor the deep connection that families and fans have made with Mickey Mouse since his first debut, Shanghai Disney Resort is hosting a big birthday party for the mouse who started it all!
- From November 1–November 18—Mickey’s 90th Birthday—Shanghai Disney Resort will be bringing the World’s Biggest Mouse Party to China with special events, fun photo opportunities, delicious birthday treats, commemorative merchandise and more!
Birthday overlays at the resort:
- Mickey is known and loved around the world for his lovable personality and positive outlook on life.
- Shanghai Disney Resort has welcomed millions of guests to the Meet Mickey area of Shanghai Disneyland’s Gardens of Imagination to say hello and take pictures with the main Mouse himself!
- For Mickey’s birthday, this guest-favorite area has been transformed and now features a colorful birthday overlay and Mickey bringing his biggest smile to greet fans from around the world.
- In addition, a huge birthday hat-shaped backdrop can be found near the iconic “Storytellers” statue from November 11–18. Here guests will be able to take fun pictures and share their birthday wishes with friends and family members.
A three-day crescendo of Mickey magic:
- In the three days leading up to and including Mickey’s birthday, a specially-designed projection show will be presented on the Enchanted Storybook Castle immediately before the evening’s Ignite the Dream – A Nighttime Spectacular of Magic and Light performance.
- A special ceremony will be held in front of the Enchanted Storybook Castle on the night of November 18.
- Mickey and his friends Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald will also be there to join in the celebration.
- Guests can join in and sing “Happy Birthday” to Mickey as he appears onstage in this specially-tailored birthday outfit designed for this momentous occasion!
Special offerings add to the birthday atmosphere:
- Shanghai Disney Resort will also be rolling out a series of exclusive Mickey-inspired merchandise and food offerings.
- Whether guests choose to celebrate with a Cranberry Almond Tart, a Mickey Waffle with Vanilla Ice Cream, or a Mickey Mouse Birthday Cake, these treats are sure to delight and get guests in the birthday mood!
- Additionally, Shanghai Disney Resort will release a collection of must-have Mickey Birthday merchandise products and limited edition pins featuring festive illustrations of Mickey Mouse.
- A birthday celebration would not be complete without a stay at one of the Disney hotels! In addition to exclusive character greetings, recreational activities and world-class hotel dining experiences, hotel guests can now opt for a celebration-themed room decoration package.
- Room decoration packages include:
- Specially-designed bed runner
- Fun amenities
- A door sticker
- Greeting card
- Favorite Disney Character plush
Mickey’s magic beyond the resort:
- The Resort will also be teaming up with Tmall to invite guests to celebrate this special occasion, with Mickey and friends scheduled to make surprise appearances at Tmall’s Double 11 Countdown Gala, a popular show created to kick off the 24-hour shopping spree on the eve of November 10.
- On November 18, Mickey Mouse will debut onstage with Minnie at the Shanghai International Marathon – one of the most popular athletic events in China. While there, runners will be able to wish Mickey a Happy Birthday before setting off on their runs.
Extending the magic to local communities:
- With the help of Adream Foundation and China Eastern Airlines, Disney is bringing the magic to local communities by inviting underprivileged children from across China to send their birthday wishes to Mickey.
- The top nine most creative entries will have the opportunity to celebrate Mickey’s birthday at Shanghai Disney Resort with their families and teachers on November 18.
- The resort is also opening a Mickey Fun House in Xuzhou Children’s Hospital on November 16 with a special appearance from the Mouse himself!
The ideal birthday destination:
- To help make guests’ birthday celebrations that extra bit more magical, Shanghai Disney Resort has introduced a variety of special moments throughout the park that are only available to those wearing an exclusive Shanghai Disneyland Birthday Button!
- Available for free starting in November, the new birthday button will unlock special surprises, unique interactions and much more.
- Be sure to pick up yours during your birthday month from the Shanghai Disneyland Guest Service Center.