The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return. The ABC series focusing on Marvel’s special agents has reportedly been renewed for a seventh season, according to Deadline.
- The renewal comes in advance of the series’ upcoming sixth season which premiers next summer.
- It is believed the seventh season will consist of 13 episodes, matching season six.
- Deadline reports that the early renewal announcement is likely a result of the upcoming option. Ordering season seven and re-upping the cast allows for the two season to be filmed back-to-back, reducing the cost of production.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen who also serve as executive producers with Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb.
- The series is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television for ABC.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. stars:
- Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson
- Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez
What they’re saying:
- ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey on the series’ move to the summer back in May: “I feel the season we just had was creatively the strongest yet. We don’t plan it as a final season. The show has a loyal passionate base. It does incredibly well in delayed viewing.”
ICYMI – More ABC news:
- Good Morning America celebrated Mickey’s 90th birthday with 90 Disney characters at Walt Disney World.
- ABC News and Disney Legend Whoopi Goldberg will be presenting a new Thanksgiving Night special called I’m Coming Home on November 22.
- ABC has given full season orders for two of their new comedy series, Splitting Up Together and The Kids Are Alright.
- Radio DJ, comedian, author, and current Dancing with the Stars contestant, Bobby Bones has been announced as the in-house mentor for American Idol.