Today, the Oriental Land Company announced plans for a new Tokyo Disney Resort hotel to be themed to Pixar’s Toy Story franchise.
- According to OLC, the Toy Story-inspired hotel will bring 600 more guest rooms to the resort, providing “family-friendly, affordable” accommodations.
- Guests rooms will be themed to Andy’s bedroom and be “designed with colorful furniture and other immersive features inspired by the world of Toy Story.”
- A new restaurant and shop will also be part of the property.
- The project is expected to open during OLC’s fiscal year 2021 — although their fiscal year actually extends to March 2022.
- It’s also expected to cost ¥31.5 billion (around $265.53 million USD)
- Disney fans might note that a Toy Story Hotel already exists at the Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Despite this relation, the Tokyo hotel currently does not have an official name,
- Surely not by coincidence, Toy Story 4 is slated to debut in summer 2019.
ICYMI — Tokyo Disney Resort
- This new hotel joins Tokyo Disney’s growing list of expansion plans, which include new areas in both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.
- Among these already-announced plans is a new deluxe resort themed to some of Disney’s fantasy tales.
- Other elements of the expansions will bring attractions and area themed to Beauty and the Beast, Big Hero 6, Tangled, Peter Pan, Frozen, and more.