During its upcoming second season on ABC, American Idol will be heading to Disney’s Aulani Resort in Hawaii, according to the Disney Parks Blog.
- American Idol host, Ryan Seacrest, made the announcement this morning during his live radio show, “On Air with Ryan Seacrest.”
- The show will film its showcase rounds at the Disney resort in Ko Olina.
- Recent American Idol winner Maddie Poppe and runner-up Caleb Lee Hutchinson were enjoying their award trips to Aulani when the announcement was made.
- American Idol will return for its 17th season (second with ABC) on Sunday, March 3 at 8 PM.
More about American Idol:
- American Idol is returning to The ABC Television Network after first making its return to airwaves as the No. 1 reality show launch for its inaugural season on the network last year.
- Helping to find the next singing sensation is music industry legends and all-star judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie and Ryan Seacrest will also return as host.
- The beloved singing competition series recently completed its open call bus tour auditions, visiting 24 cities across the country in a nationwide search for the next superstar.
- Radio DJ, comedian, author, and recent Dancing with the Stars winner, Bobby Bones has been announced as the in-house mentor for American Idol.
ICYMI – More ABC news:
- ABC has unveiled their midseason schedule starting in January, including some series and season premieres and some shows in new times.
- ABC has picked up a the new comedy Bless This Mess to series. The single-camera comedy will star Lake Bell and Dax Shepard.
- The cast of ABC’s hit comedy series Modern Family is reportedly in talks for an 11th and final season.
- Would-be Oscar host Kevin Hart has announced he’s resigning from the gig after releasing a video in which he claimed the Academy demanded that he apologize for past tweets and comments that used homophobic slurs.