This weekend, Disneyland Paris’ guests had one final chance to visit the Resort’s Hotel New York before it undergoes an epic transformation. The hotel will reopen in the summer of 2020 ast Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel.
- Over the weekend, Disneyland Paris unveiled the logo of the new Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel, during an epic celebration of the resort as it is heading to an ambitious renovation.
- The rethemed hotel will open in summer 2020, and will infuse the dynamic art world of Super Heroes including:
- Iron Man
- The Avengers
- As it’s preparing for the most spectacular transformation in its history, Disneyland Paris celebrated the Cast Members and heritage of the resort and unveiled new exciting details.
- With Hotel New York’s reimagining, guests will step into an environment evoking all the luxury of a contemporary Manhattan establishment.
- Interior design will be sleek and cosmopolitan—think Tony Stark and the Avengers Headquarters—and will showcase the “Art of Marvel” in a way that reinvents the idea of an “art hotel”.
- Limited edition works will adorn the walls of rooms and suites, while bold pieces on display in public areas will showcase the diverse wealth of art from the Marvel universe.
- Fans will delight in the comic, film, design, sculpture, and costume art… all displayed in the style of a contemporary New York art gallery.
- Pieces will include:
- Comic book covers
- Concept art from films
- Production design
- Original sketches
- And More!
Accommodations and amenities:
- The hotel will offer:
- 476 standard rooms
- 65 executive rooms
- 8 standard suites.
- Room interiors reflect the sophisticated urban style of Tony Stark, with a color palette reminiscent of his Iron Man suit and art featuring Marvel Super Heroes.
- One-of-a-kind suites are each meticulously fashioned around Marvel Super Heroes and New York City themes.
- For these unique suites, a Marvel artist will be commissioned to create stunning pieces featuring the Super Heroes.
What they’re saying:
- Martina Sardelli, Vice President Operations Hotels & Disney Village: “It is a new chapter, marked by unforgettable memories, both for our guests who stayed there and for all our Cast Members who worked there. Disneyland Paris always keeps moving forward, to be at the forefront and exceed expectations. It is precisely this taste for innovation and this avant-garde spirit that we celebrate today.”
Did you know?:
- Disney’s Hotel New York debuted in 1992 along with Parc Disneyland and has since welcomed millions of guests.
- The unique design has immersed visitors from all over the world into New York culture with the artistry of architect Michael Graves and the atmosphere of the Big Apple.
- The Marvel Heroes are back again for another fantastic event at Walt Disney Studios Park!
- Captain America, Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Black Widow return for a second edition in 2019.
- This year will be extra special as even more heroes join in for the epic adventure including Captain Marvel and Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy.
- An appearance by the villainous Red Skull has also been announced.
- Along with the reimagining of the Hotel New York, Disneyland Paris is also expanding its Marvel presence at Walt Disney Studios Park.
- Last February, The Walt Disney Company announced plans for a 2 billion euro, multi-year expansion for Disneyland Paris that will bring Frozen, Marvel, and Star Wars to the Resort.
- The new Marvel area will feature Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man and Wasp, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Captain America and more!
Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel will open in summer 2020.