Ralph Breaks The Internet brought us one of the most unique Disney musical numbers in recent memory, with Vanellope Von Schweetz’ “A Place Called Slaughter Race.” A new video from Entertainment Weekly shows actress Sarah Silverman during the making of the hilarious new song.
- The video features Silverman working with Disney Legend Alan Menken to create the new original song.
- Silverman sings along with a 70-plus-piece orchestra to create the song, which is seemingly on the shortlist for the Academy Award for best original song.
- Lyrics for “A Place Called Slaughter Race” were written by Phil Johnston and Tom MacDougall.
- The song also features a musical appearance by Gal Gadot, who voices Shank in Ralph Breaks the Internet.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet hit theaters in November.
ICYMI – More Ralph Breaks the Internet News:
- The Walt Disney Company announced the expansion of their Disney Movie Moments program to even more children’s hospitals, including a special screening of Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet at La Rabida Children’s Hospital in Chicago.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet was amongst Disney’s many nominees for the Golden Globes.
- Disney Ralph Breaks the Internet x BAPE presents a new collection, featuring hoodies and t-shirts in both adult and kids sizes.
- Singer, Julia Michaels recorded a pop version of “A Place Called Slaughter Race.”