Disneyland Resort is getting ready for a celebration of Lunar New Year, and in just a few days, fan will be able to join in the festivities. During this multicultural celebration, guests will experience live entertainment, arts and crafts, delicious cuisine, and themed merchandise.
- Lunar New Year arrives at Disney California Adventure for January 25-February 17
- Guests visiting during this celebration will discover a touch of Disney magic as they experience Asian culture and welcome another year of good fortune.
- Lunar New Year, traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, commemorates the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year.
- Highlights of the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure include:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,”
- Character Meet and Greets
- Asian Marketplaces featuring the Sip and Savor pass
- Lunar New Year Menu at Paradise Garden Grill
- Live Entertainment
- Arts and Crafts
- Lucky Wishing Wall
Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession:
- The bright and bold parade hosted by Mulan and her faithful dragon, Mushu, honors Lunar New Year and celebrates family and friendship.
- As a special treat for the Year of the Pig, the Three Little Pigs (Fiddler, Fifer and Practical) join the procession in their full holiday garb. Goofy in his “god of Good Fortune” attire and Chip ‘n’ Dale in their red vests will also make special appearances.
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” is enhanced this year with a longer processional route, from Pixar Pier to Paradise Gardens Park, where guests will gather to watch the festivities.
- A troupe of Chinese performers bring additional dancers, martial artists, and drummers to add extra excitement to the beautiful and colorful procession.
Character Meet and Greets:
- Beloved characters donning their Lunar New Year attire will be greeting guests at Paradise Gardens Park:
- Mickey and Minnie
- Indulge the senses and with delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, all with a Disney twist.
- New this year the Sip and Savor pass, will be available for guests to purchase.
- Marketplaces for this year:
- Longevity Noodle Co.
- Lucky 8 Lantern
- Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Red Dragon Spice Traders
Lunar New Year Menu:
- A special Lunar New Year menu will be offered at Paradise Garden Grill that offers items inspired by traditional Asian fare, plus a new Festival Food and Beverage Cart inside Paradise Gardens.
- New this year, the Melody of China ensemble entertains guests with Chinese classical, folk and contemporary music, with a trio of artists that play the yangqin (Chinese dulcimer), pipa (Chinese lute) and Erhu (Chinese fiddle).
- Vietnamese artist Dat Nguyen will serenade guests with traditional and original compositions on classical guitar, lute, flute and melodica at Paradise Garden Bandstand.
Arts and Crafts:
- Guests to enjoy complimentary arts and crafts with local artisans including:
- Chinese calligraphy
- Paper lantern making
- Face painting
Lucky Wishing Wall:
- Guests are invited to add their own wishes to the Lucky Wishing Wall
- Ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year will decorate areas of the park and add to the ambiance.
- Guests can purchase New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia.
- Special items include:
- Traditional red envelopes for gift-giving
- Minnie Mouse ear headbands
- Lantern glow wands
- Commemorative items with Lunar New Year designs include:
- Limited-edition pin
- Adult hoodies and tees.
- Special items include:
Don’t miss out!