Starting tomorrow, Disney Cruise Line is increasing their recommended gratuity guidelines for select positions.
- The Disney Cruise Line will be increasing their recommended gratuity guidelines to $13.50 per guest, per day starting on January 19, 2019.
- The recommended increase is 50¢ per passenger/per day for the Dining Room Service Team and Stateroom Host/Hostess.
- The total recommended gratuity is $13.50 per passenger/per day based.
- Total gratuity is based on the length of the cruise.
- Disney last increased the recommended gratuities in 2008.
- The timing of price changes varies by ship:
- Disney Fantasy – Jan. 19, 2019 (Port Canaveral)
- Disney Magic – Jan. 20, 2019 (Miami)
- Disney Wonder – Jan. 20, 2019 (San Juan)
- Disney Dream – Jan. 21, 2019 (Port Canaveral)
What they’re saying:
- “We recognize the vital role our Disney Cruise Line crew plays in providing world-class service and helping your Clients create life-long memories. In recognition of all that they do, beginning January 19, 2019, we will increase our recommended gratuity guidelines for select positions.”
Good to know:
- If pre-paid gratuities were added to a reservation prior to January 18, 2019, the rate the guest is charged will remain $12.00 per guest, per night.
- Guests who add pre-paid gratuities to their reservation January 18, 2019, or later will be charged the new rate of $13.50 per guest, per night.
- Disney Cruise Line recently announced that they have signed a deal with Port of Galveston to extend their contract for another 10 years.
- Captain Marvel made her character debut on the Disney Magic last week as part of Marvel Day at Sea. Jeremiah was on hand to report on the experience.
- Earlier this year, the Bahamian government voted to approve the sale of Lighthouse Point on the island of Eleuthera to the Disney Cruise Line. Disney will use this portion of the island as a destination for cruise guests as well as preserve sections for conservation.