Yesterday, one Walt Disney World guest happened to witness gondola testing of the Disney Skyliner and managed to capture a short video.
— ThatFLFeeling (@ThatFLFeeling) January 20, 2019
- Back in December, we reported on Disney workers trying out the system using test gondolas.
- However, the vehicle seen in this clip appear much closer in size and design to the gondola that was on display at the 2018 Destination D event, suggesting that this could be one of the “real” ones.
- When completed and uncovered, colorful character wraps will be featured on each Skyliner vehicle.
- The Disney Skyliner is set to open in Fall 2019 and will connect:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Upcoming Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney has confirmed that the Disney Skyliner gondolas will not be air-conditioned. However, a Disney spokesperson said, “the units will use cross-ventilation for sufficient air flow and reflective windows to prevent direct sunlight.” Each cabin will also be wheelchair accessible.
- For more information about the Disney Skyliner, be sure to check out our Laughing Place Project Tracker.