Fox Family is teaming with producer DeVon Franklin to create a live-action/CGI musical retelling of the biblical story of the Garden of Eden, according to Deadline.
- Franklin has produced faith-based films like Miracles from Heaven and The Star.
- The film will be titled The Garden and it will follow how the first animals and people discover the meaning of friendship, community, and unity in a world that is completely new.
- Franklin has an overall deal with Fox through his multimedia entertainment company, Franklin Entertainment.
- Franklin Entertainment’s Zahra Phillips is supervising the project while Vanessa Morrison and Nate Hopper are overseeing production.
What they’re saying:
- DeVon Franklin: “Most of us know a version of the story of the Garden of Eden, but never before has this story been told in such a unique way and it’s the first time we have the technology to see this story come to life like never before.”
ICYMI – More Fox news:
- Fox Searchlight has set the premiere date for Tolkien, their upcoming film about the author of the Lord of the Rings series.
- As Disney’s purchase of numerous 21st Century Fox assets looks to close, the Department of Justice is reportedly considering a revision to their conditional approval of the deal to allow Disney to spin-off its regional sports networks.
- 20th Century Fox is reportedly ramping up its global scripted formats drive with international remakes of popular shows like How I Met Your Mother, This Is Us and more.