Lucasfilm and JJ Abrams’ 2015 hit film Star Wars: The Force Awakens will make its network premiere when it airs on ABC on Sunday, February 17.
More on Star Wars: The Force Awakens:
- The seventh episode in the Star Wars saga hit theaters on December 18, 2015 and to this day it is the highest grossing film of all-time domestically and third highest worldwide.
- Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk produced the film with Tommy Harper and Jason McGatlin serving as executive producers.
- The screenplay is written by Lawrence Kasdan & J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt.
- Thirty years after the defeat of the Empire, Luke Skywalker has vanished and a new threat has risen: The First Order, led by the mysterious Supreme Leader Snoke and his dark side enforcer, Kylo Ren. General Leia Organa’s military force, the Resistance – and unlikely heroes brought together by fate – are the galaxy’s only hope at thwarting a new reign of evil.
- Harrison Ford as Han Solo
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker
- Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren
- Daisy Ridley as Rey
- John Boyega as Finn
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
- Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata
- Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
- Max Von Sydow as Lor San Tekka
ICYMI – More Star Wars news:
- The mighty Chewbacca himself, Joonas Suotamo, will be heading to Star Wars Celebration in Chicago, along with a slew of other Star Wars stars.
- Star Wars is one of the best sagas of all time, and Funko is celebrating the Original Trilogy with the release of Return of the Jedi Pop! Figures.
- Marvel is releasing a new comic book series aptly named, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that’s scheduled to debut in April.
- Dark Ink Art has partnered with artist Danny Haas for the release of one of his new Star Wars pieces.