The mighty Chewbacca himself, Joonas Suotamo, will be heading to Star Wars Celebration in Chicago, along with a slew of other Star Wars stars, according to StarWars.com.
- Suotamo has portrayed Chewbacca in Solo: A Star Wars Story, The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.
- This will be Suotamo’s Star Wars Celebration debut and fans will be able to meet him in the Topps autograph area,
- Guests will also be able to meet Sam Witwer, who voiced Darth Maul in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels.
- Other celebrity guests at Star Wars Celebration 2019 will include:
- Greg Grunberg – Played Resistance X-wing pilot Snap Wexley in The Force Awakens.
- Dave Chapman – The puppeteer who has helped bring BB-8, Rio Durant, and Lady Proxima to life in the sequel trilogy and Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Greg Proops – Voices Jak Sivrak and Garma in Star Wars Resistance and previously voiced Fode in The Phantom Menace.
- Paul Kasey – Played Admiral Raddus in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Ello Asty in The Force Awakens.
- Ian McElhinney – Played General Dodonna in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- Orli Shoshan -Played Shaak Ti in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.
- In addition to the talent announcement for this year’s event, StarWars.com also gave a first look at the official poster for Star Wars Celebration 2019:
- Star Wars Celebration will be held April 11-15 at McCormick Place in Chicago. For tickets and more information, visit the event’s official website.
ICYMI – More Star Wars news:
- An impressive slate of Star Wars voice actors from various shows, games and movies have also been announced to attend the upcoming Star Wars Celebration.
- Star Wars: Pirates Price, a new Star Wars book, features the smuggler Hondo Ohnaka on the planet Batuu, the planet featured in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- New details regarding Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge have been revealed thanks to a backstage tour.
- Jon Favreau shared a look at a lesser-known but still beloved Star Wars character on the set of The Mandalorian.