Christy Carlson Romano voiced the beloved animated character Kim Possible for Disney Channels animated series, but for the upcoming live-action remake, she will be playing a very different character. People has the first look at her new character.
- In the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, Romano will play Poppy Blue a famous pop star and friend of Kim’s.
- Sadie Stanley will be taking over the role of Kim Possible.
- Disney Channel also released a new trailer for the upcoming DCOM:
What they’re saying:
- Romano on the new film: “I’ll always feel very connected to Kim. The fans have never gone away. Now, the new film, it’s an opportunity for the fanship to grow.”
- Romano on her new character: “I’m here to pick Kim up because Kim doesn’t have a driver’s license. She doesn’t have her driver’s license, but she needs to get rides from the Marines or famous people, if you remember, to get to her missions. Kim is just like every teenager, but she happens to know some really important people, and Poppy Blue happens to be one of those important people.”
- Romano on letting Stanley take the reins: “Out of respect to the directors and also to the process of a young actress, Sadie, learning about what her interpretation of Kim was, I chose not to be vocal about anything in particular with what I would think or would do or say. It wasn’t my place to overstep and try to be a control freak. I wanted them to experience Kim for how they saw her.”
- Romano on the return of Kim Possible: “It was amazing to be the voice of a movement. I’m feeling very honored, and I’m very happy that they’re bringing it back.”
More on Kim Possible:
- The live-action Kim Possible Disney Channel Original Movie premieres on Friday, February 15.
- Christy Carlson Romano (Even Stevens) and Will Friedle (Boy Meets World) provided the voices for Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable.
- Romano will cameo in the film, however Friedle will not. He shared his reasons on why he’s sitting this one out.
- Earlier this year, the duo “auditioned” for their live-action roles but Disney had to gently let them down in this silly video.
- Sadie Stanley recently updated the theme song from the beloved animated series.
- Kim Possible begins as Kim and her best friend and sidekick, Ron Stoppable, start Middleton High School where Kim must navigate an intimidating new social hierarchy. She is ready to tackle the challenge head-on, just as she has with everything else in life, but her confidence is shaken when she faces roadblocks at every turn—getting lost in the confusing hallways, being late to class and facing rejection during soccer tryouts from her frenemy, Bonnie. Kim’s day starts to turn around when she and Ron meet and befriend Athena, a new classmate and Kim Possible superfan who is having an even worse day than Kim. With Kim’s guidance and friendship, Athena transforms into the newest member of Team Possible. Soon, Athena starts to eclipse Kim just as the nefarious Drakken and Shego resurface in Middleton with a master plan to finally stop Kim. Now it’s up to Team Possible—Kim, Ron, tech-genius Wade, new friend Athena and Rufus, a Naked mole-rat that Ron meets along the way—to stop these super villains.
- Sean Giambrone as Ron Stoppable
- Alyson Hannigan as brain surgeon Dr. Ann Possible
- Todd Stashwick as Dr. Drakken
- Taylor Ortega as Shego
- Connie Ray as Nana Possible
- Ciara Wilson as Athena
- Erika Tham as Bonnie
- Issac Ryan Brown as Wade