Disney+ is continuing to build up its library. Disney has reportedly given a straight-to-series order for Diary of a Female President, according to Deadline.
- Diary of a Female President will be “told from the narration of a Cuban-American 12-year-old girl’s diary, as she navigates the ups and downs of middle school and her journey to becoming the future president of the United States.”
- The series comes from Rodriguez’s I Can and I Will production company and CBS TV Studios.
- The series is written and created by Ilana Pena. She will also executive produce along with Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez and I Can and I Will’s Emily Gipson.
- Robin Shorr will serve as the showrunner for the new series.
- Disney+ is planned to launch later this year.
ICYMI – More Disney+ news:
- Hulu, another Disney streaming service, is making some changes to its pricing model next month, increasing the cost of their Live TV bundle while slashing the price of their main, ad-supported service.
- Disney announced that they will be holding an Investor Day on April 11 to highlight the upcoming Disney+ direct-to-consumer offering.
- Disney is one step closer to developing a Marvel show following Scarlet Witch after the series has landed a writer and showrunner.
- Jon Favreau shared a look at a lesser-known but still beloved Star Wars character on the set of the upcoming series, The Mandalorian.