With the Television Critics Association press tour underway, studios and networks have been keeping reporters busy with multiple announcements surrounding shows and series. ABC is no exception as the network revealed what will be returning to television.
The Good Doctor gets season 3 pickup:
- The doctors at San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital will be back with new episodes of the successful drama, produced by Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios.
- The series airs Mondays at 10:00 pm ET on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.
- The series stars:
- Freddie Highmore as Dr. Shaun Murphy
- Antonia Thomas as Dr. Claire Browne
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Dr. Neil Melendez
- Hill Harper as Dr. Marcus Andrews
- Richard Schiff as Dr. Aaron Glassman
- Tamlyn Tomita as Allegra Aoki
- Christina Chang as Dr. Audrey Lim
- Fiona Gubelman as Dr. Morgan Reznick
- Will Yun Lee as Dr. Alex Park
- Paige Spara as Lea Dilallo
A Million Little Things returns for second season:
- “They say friendship isn’t one big thing, it’s a million little things; and that’s true for a group of friends from Boston who bonded under unexpected circumstances. Some have achieved success, others are struggling in their careers and relationships, but all of them feel stuck in life. After one of them dies unexpectedly, it’s just the wake-up call the others need to finally start living. Along the way, they discover that friends may be the one thing to save them from themselves.”
- A Million Little Things stars:
- David Giuntoli as Eddie Saville
- Ron Livingston as Jon Dixon
- Romany Malco as Rome Howard
- Allison Miller as Maggie Bloom
- Christina Moses as Regina Howard
- Christina Ochoa as Ashley Morales
- Grace Park as Katherine Kim
- James Roday as Gary Mendez
- Stephanie Szostak as Delilah Dixon
- Lizzy Greene as Sophie Dixon
- Tristan Byon as Theo Saville
Shark Tank season 11:
- The recipient of the 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014 Emmy Award for Outstanding Structured Reality Program, Shark Tank features The Sharks – tough, self-made, multimillionaire and billionaire tycoons – as they invest in America’s best businesses and products.
- The Sharks will give people from all walks of life the chance to chase the American dream and potentially secure business deals that could make them millionaires.
- Shark Tank which is based on the Japanese Dragons’ Den format, created by Nippon Television Network Corporation.
- The Sharks are:
- Billionaire Mark Cuban, owner and chairman of AXS TV and owner of NBA Dallas Mavericks
- Real estate mogul Barbara Corcoran
- “Queen of QVC” Lori Greiner
- Technology innovator Robert Herjavec
- Fashion and branding expert Daymond John
- Venture capitalist Kevin O’Leary
11th and final season for Modern Family
- ABC’s flagship comedy series Modern Family will wrap its run after one more season.
- The Emmy-winning family comedy has been picked up for an eleventh and final season, the network announced at TCA.
- Deadline is reporting that it will consist of at least 18 episodes and could expand to 22 episodes.
- Modern Family’s renewal was all but assured when the original adult cast, agreed on new deals with producing studio 20th Century Fox TV to return.
- The studio also has signed co-creators/executive producers Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd for another season, and also has made new deals with the original kid actors — now all young adults.
- Ten seasons in, Modern Family remains ABC’s top rated comedy and second highest rated series on the network only behind Grey’s Anatomy
- Modern Family stars:
- Ed O’Neill as Jay Pritchett
- Julie Bowen as Claire Dunphy
- Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy
- Sofia Vergara as Gloria Pritchett
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell Pritchett
- Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker
- Sarah Hyland as Haley Dunphy
- Nolan Gould as Luke Dunphy
- Ariel Winter as Alex Dunphy
- Rico Rodriguez as Manny Delgado
- Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily Tucker-Pritchett
- Jeremy Maguire as Joe Pritchett
What they’re saying:
- Karey Burke, president, ABC Entertainment: “Chris (Lloyd) and Steve (Levitan) have created one of the most seminal and iconic comedies in television history. In its final season, there will be more milestone events that anyone who has been a fan of the series won’t want to miss.”
- Co-creator/executive producer Christopher Lloyd: “For 10 years, our characters have bravely faced turning points in life and moved through them to great personal enrichment; we have chosen a different path by doing one more season of Modern Family.”