If you can’t be at a Disney Park this summer, you can still get your Disney fix while enjoying another summer tradition – baseball. The Oakland Athletics have announced Pixar Night, with special fireworks themed to your favorite animated films.
- Pixar Night will be held at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum after the A’s Saturday, July 27 contest against the visiting Texas Rangers.
- The Athletics also mentioned that the creators Toy Story, The Incredibles and Cars would be in attendance but didn’t reveal any specifics as to who would be there or what they would be doing.
- The announcement promises a “full evening of Pixar moments followed by a Pixar-themed fireworks show.
- The Athletics will also have Star Wars fireworks after their Saturday, September 7 matchup against the Detroit Tigers.
- For tickets to Pixar Night, Star Wars night or any other Oakland Athletics game, visit the team’s official website.
ICYMI – More Pixar news:
- shopDisney recently updated their Forever Disney collection, this time pulling from some beloved Pixar favorites. Featuring Toy Story, Ratatouille, and Monsters. Inc, these adorable additions capture all the fun and creativity of their films and help to round out any Disney collection.
- With all the buzz surrounding Toy Story 4 fans have noticed one character has been absent from some media and posters. However, that all changed when Bo Peep made her poster and teaser debut.
- Last year’s closure of a bug’s land at Disney California Adventure meant the loss of the beloved attraction, Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train. Now, it looks like one of the ride vehicles from that attraction has a new home.
- Jay Ward, the Creative Director for Disney-Pixar’s Cars franchise, discusses the new Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy attraction coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in a recent video shared by the Disney Parks Blog.