Another episodic series is reportedly in the works for Disney+, this time focusing on some of the company’s most iconic baddies. Based on the Villains book series by Serena Valentino, fans will soon get to watch these villains backstories unfold.
- Variety is reporting that Disney+ is developing a scripted series based on the Villains books series by Serena Valentino.
- As of now the series is being called Book of Enchantments
- Much like the book series, it will tell the origin stories of characters favorite characters:
- Michael Seitzman has been tapped to write and produce the series.
- ABC Signature Studios will also produce. At this time, neither Disney+ or ABC have commented on the story.
About Michael Seitzman:
- Seitzman is known for creating the medical drama, Code Black, for CBS as well as working on ABC’s Quantico.
- He will also oversee a new series being developed for Hulu featuring stories and characters by John Grisham such as The Rainmaker, and Rogue Lawyer.
- Disney+ is preparing to bring many new original series to their streaming service. Some of the biggest announcements include:
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series recently introduced the new cast
- Jon Favreau is overseeing the first ever live-action Star Wars show, The Mandalorian. Production is well underway and features an impressive cast.
- A High Fidelity series starring Zoe Kravitz is in the works
- Tom Hiddleston will reprise his role as Loki the God of Mischief, for a live-action series based on his MCU character