Disneyland guests who are craving a Dole Whip may soon have to plan ahead. The park will be testing a new mobile-only ordering system at Tiki Juice Bar in an attempt to keep lines down, according to the Orange County Register.
- The Tiki Juice Bar will run the test March 28-30, during which time Dole Whip items at the stand will only be available via mobile order.
- Guests will still be able to purchase Dole Whips with cash, credit or debit cards at the Tropical Hideaway in Adventureland during the test.
- The mobile-only ordering system seems to be a part of Project Stardust, an initiative at Disneyland to prepare the park for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by minimizing crowd buildup at pinch points throughout the park and creating other enhancements to help crowd flow.
- The often-crowded Tiki Juice Bar is located in front of the Enchanted Tiki Room at the entrance to Adventureland, a choke point that often fills up with guests causing traffic flow issues.
- The recent opening of Tropical Hideaway was another enhancement to come from Project Stardust, giving guests another location to get their delicious Dole Whip treats.
- In addition to the new mobile ordering system, Tiki Juice Bar will also be closed on busy days and guests will be directed to Tropical Hideaway.
- A cast member will be posted at Tiki Juice Bar to assist guests with their mobile orders and direct those wishing to make a cash, credit or debit card purchase to Tropical Hideaway.
ICYMI – More Disneyland news:
- The Disney Parks Blog has announced that tickets for Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration are on sale now.
- The Disney Parks Blog has shared new details on the backstory of one extension of the Avengers initiative, and revealed the latest Spider-Man meet and greet suit.
- Disney Channel’s Fan Fest is returning to Disneyland Resort on Saturday, April 27.