- The donation comes as part of an epic charity event known as Avengers Universe Unites, which supports The Walt Disney Company’s signature philanthropic commitment, Disney Team of Heroes.
- Disney, the LEGO Group, Hasbro, Funko and Amazon teamed up to donate the $5 million in cash and toys to Starlight Foundation, which will benefit children’s hospitals across the U.S.
- Disney donated $1 million in cash while the LEGO Group, Hasbro, Funko and Amazon donated $4 million in Avengers: Endgame toys that will be sent to hundreds of children’s hospitals throughout the country as well as Give Kids the World, a nonprofit resort in Central Florida.
- Several Endgame stars joined joined kids from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Anaheim and Garden Grove at The LEGO Store in Downtown Disney and were visited by Amazon’s Treasure Truck stocked with a variety of Endgame toys.
- The stars in attendance included:
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Chris Hemsworth
- Scarlett Johansson
- Jeremy Renner
- Paul Rudd
- Brie Larson
- Disney CEO Bob Iger was also in attendance for the celebration.
What they’re saying:
- Bob Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company: “The superheroes in Avengers personify traits like courage, perseverance, bravery and hope—the same traits countless kids and their families in children’s hospitals exhibit every day. We are grateful to have the Avengers cast take time out of their day to be a part of this effort to lift spirits and bring comfort to children during a difficult time.”
- Adam Garone, CEO, Starlight Children’s Foundation: “Nobody understands magical experiences better than Disney, and we’ve been proud to partner with them in bringing those experiences to kids in children’s hospitals for more than 20 years. From delivering hospital care packages, to storytelling through Starlight Xperience virtual reality, to our recent Disney-themed Starlight Gowns, millions of seriously ill children have benefited from our amazing relationship together. And with this donation, even more kids will get to experience the magic of Disney.”
More on Disney Team of Heroes:
- Disney Team of Heroes is a plan to deliver comfort and inspiration to seriously ill children around the world.
- Back in March of 2018, Disney announced a plan to donate $100 million to children’s hospitals around the world as part of this initiative.
- Since then, Disney has sent care packages to more than 445 hospitals, launched their “Dress Well” project and expanded their Disney Movie Moments program to more children’s hospitals.
- Earlier this year, Good Morning America shared a special moment in which Michael Strahan visited eight-year-old kidney transplant recipient Lexi and surprised her with a trip to Walt Disney World as part of the program.