Each day this week, Universal Orlando is giving a look at a new magical creature from Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Today, we have our first look at the majestic Centaurs.
- A Centaur is a magical half-man, half-horse creature with the head, torso and arms of a human and the body and legs of a horse.
- In Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure this archer will be lurking in the distance, ready to strike.
- He’ll be hard to miss, as this magical creature will stand at eight feet tall.
- Centaurs made their film debut during Harry’s detention in the Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure opens June 13 at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure.
- Be sure to check out the previous creatures Universal Orlando revealed for the new attraction, including Fluffy, the three-headed dog, Cornish Pixies and Devil’s Snare. And be sure to check back tomorrow for the next creature.
More on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure:
- The experience will begin with guests taking Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class before boarding a magical motorbike.
- Guests will have the option to ride either the motorcycle or the adjacent sidecar, with each one providing a unique experience.
- Guests will soar into the Forbidden Forest and encounter some of the Wizarding World’s most magnificent creatures.
- Some of the other creatures featured on the attraction will include a Centaur, a swarm of mischievous Cornish Pixies and even one that’s never been seen in the films.
- The attraction will feature rich environments and sets including a forest of 1,200 live trees.
- The coaster will reach speeds of up to 50 mph.
- The experience will also feature some challenging obstacles, including an endless pit of Devil’s Snare and more surprises along the way.
- The new attraction will fill the space previously occupied by the popular Dragon Challenge coaster.