We’re just over a month away from the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland. In preparation for the opening, the Play Disney Parks app has been updated to include a preview of the new land.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge can be seen on the ‘Select a Park’ screen after in the Disneyland Park preview as well as in the actual Disneyland Park map, where you can see much more detail.
- Within the park map page, you can access a page providing more information on the ‘Star Wars Datapad.’
- The page explains that, once the land opens, guests will be able to transform the Play Disney Parks app into their very own Star Wars Datapad, which will allow them to hack into droids, scan encrypted cargo, tune into transmissions, translate galactic languages and help prepare the Millennium Falcon for hyperspace.
- And by the way, the Disneyland Park page is not the only place in the app you can see this Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge preview.
- Despite not opening until late this summer, the Walt Disney World ‘Select a Park’ screen and the Disney’s Hollywood Studios map also provide a look at the new land.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens May 31 at Disneyland Park and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
ICYMI – More Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge news:
- Check out Mike’s review of Marvel’s new comic, “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” #1, which provides some background for the world of Batuu.
- Specialty Coke products and the return of some familiar voices are among the top things we learned recently during the Galaxy’s Edge panel at Star Wars Celebration Chicago.
- The Disney Parks Blog recently revealed the cover art for “Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire,” which explores the lore of the planet of Batuu.