As was announced back in February, a troupe of storytellers will be coming to Disney California Adventure this summer to celebrate The Lion King. Ahead of that celebration, the Disney Parks Blog has shared a behind-the-scenes look at the coming show.
- The show will feature a cast of 18 performers, including actors, singers, dancers and drummers, which will form an ensemble known as the Storytellers of the Pride Lands.
- The traveling troupe will specialize in retelling classic stories in their own unique style.
- As seen in the video above, Creative Director Susana Tubert and the team at Disney Parks Live Entertainment are currently in the middle of workshops and rehearsals as they prepare for the opening of “Tale of the Lion King” at Disney California Adventure this summer.
- The show will feature scenic, prop and costume designs that will celebrate the spirit of Africa, as well as All-new musical arrangements for the most beloved songs from Disney’s animated classic The Lion King.
- The music will feature components we relate with the emotional elements of the original score while also focusing on the voices and musical talents of the actors and performers in the show.
- “Tale of the Lion King” will open on June 7 on the Palisades Stage at Disney California Adventure in Disneyland Resort.
ICYMI – More Disneyland Resort news:
- Guests visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will have the unique opportunity to construct their own lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop.
- Check out some of the special Star Wars Day merchandise guests were able to pick up in Disneyland on May the 4th.
- Disney has released a symphonic suite composed for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by none other than legendary composer John Williams. Check out Mike’s review of the music here.
- Hero up and check out the recent Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble event at Disneyland.