Let’s get dangerous! The most iconic duck-themed superhero is returning to Disney Channel in an upcoming episode of DuckTales and Entertainment Weekly shared a clip from that episode.
- The upcoming episode is titled “The Duck Knight Returns,” and it features the return of Darkwing Duck.
- The crime-fighting duck exists as a pop-culture franchise within the new DuckTales series.
- Jim Cummings, who voiced Darkwing Duck in the 1990s cartoon, will voice duck actor Jim Starling in the new episode.
- He will be joined by director Edgar Wright, who will voice director Alistair Boorswan, as well as original Darkwing Duck creator Tad Stones, who will voice a security guard named Tad.
- The clip (seen above) features Scrooge, voiced by David Tennant, trying to initiate a partnership with Boorswan for a Darkwing Duck reboot, to the excitement of Launchpad McQuack, voiced by Beck Bennett.
- “The Duck Knight Returns” will premiere this Friday, May 17, on Disney Channel.
What they’re saying:
- Darkwing Duck creator Tad Stones: “I’m a giant fan of the new DuckTales series and am super excited that they are building a universe that connects new versions of the Disney Afternoon shows, including Darkwing Duck. Matt and Frank took me through their ideas for Darkwing’s presence in DuckTales and I am thrilled that they are keeping the heart of the character while building an even richer backstory. Darkwing couldn’t be in better hands.”
ICYMI – More Disney Channel news:
- Returning seasons of Raven’s Home and BUNK’D are heading to Disney Channel for a fun-filled summer.
- Disney Junior has ordered a second season of the animated series T.O.T.S. ahead of the series debut on Disney Channel.
- The formerly Disney+ bound series Sulphur Springs has been moved from the streaming service to Disney Channel.
- Check out some of the performances from the Disney Channel Fan Fest at Disneyland Resort’s Disney California Adventure.