Today, the Oriental Land Company (OLC) and Disney broke ground on their latest land expansion at the Tokyo DisneySea park. The company revealed some details about Fantasy Springs, the new Port of Call joining the excellently themed park.
- OLC announced that Fantasy Springs will be the name of the eighth and newest Tokyo DisneySea themed port, which is being developed together with a new Disney hotel.
- The themed port and hotel are scheduled to open in fiscal year 2022 (which extends into spring of calendar 2023) as part of the large-scale expansion of Tokyo DisneySea Park.
- Disney CEO Bob Iger was on hand at the Resort for the groundbreaking ceremony and shared pictures of the even on Twitter.
— Robert Iger (@RobertIger) May 21, 2019
- Themed to a magical spring that leads to a world of Disney fantasy, Fantasy Springs consists of three areas inspired by Disney films that are beloved by guests of all ages:
- Stepping into this new themed port, guests will find waterfalls and ponds flowing with the magical spring waters.
- The themed port’s attractions and restaurants will give guests the opportunity to experience the story of each film.
- Overlooking Fantasy Springs and situated inside Tokyo DisneySea will be a Disney hotel that offers deluxe and luxury level accommodations.
- The four attractions, three restaurants and one shop in Fantasy Springs, as well as the new Disney hotel, have all been newly developed exclusively for this expansion.
- With the opening of Fantasy Springs, guests of Tokyo DisneySea will enjoy a first-of-its-kind, new world of fantasy in the only Disney Park themed to the myths and legends of the sea.
More from Tokyo:
- Tokyo DisneySea is also gearing up for the launch of their newest attraction, Soaring Fantastic Flight. This week, they released two new videos giving us a better look at their unique twist on the classic Soarin’ attraction.
- Meanwhile, over at Tokyo Disneyland, work still continues on a number of exciting expansion projects, including that Beauty and the Beast dark ride that bowled over fans with its sneak peek this past December.
For more information about the new attractions and experiences coming to Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland, visit our Tokyo Disney Resort Project Tracker Page.