Disneyland Paris has revealed some new details about the overall expansion of Walt Disney Studios Park including a lake that will serve as an icon and multi entertainment stage.
- Main construction on the Walt Disney Studios Park expansion is scheduled to begin by the end of this year.
- Disneyland Paris has revealed new details about the project, with the biggest reveal being that plans include a lake which will become the largest natural stage of the Park.
- A 3-hectare lake (that’s over 7 acres for us imperial users) is set to become the new leisure hub of Walt Disney Studios Park — and it promises to be impressive.
- This new iconic hub will feature:
- Shimmering water with lakeside promenades
- Beautifully landscaped banks
- Waterfront restaurants
- Impressive vistas
- The lake will also serve as a unique entertainment stage with a 360° viewing area.
- All around the lake, cutting edge technologies will provide exciting water-based spectacles, complete with fountains, music and lights, special effects that are sure to delight guests.
- In addition to being an entertainment hub, the lake will serve as a gateway to the thrilling themed universes that surround it:
- An area inspired by Frozen will become the beacon of the park’s extension, with a re-creation of the famous port of Arendelle at the base of a 40 meter-high mountain (131 feet).
- Nearby, fans of Star Wars will get to live their own adventure in an area dedicated to a galaxy far, far away.
- Both areas will be complete experiences, with each featuring not only a major attraction, but a dining location, shops and character encounter opportunities.
- Finally, similar to Disneyland Park, the development will be complemented by a tall, landscaped berm at the perimeter that will help mitigate potential impact to the neighboring region.
What they’re saying:
- David Wilson, site portfolio executive for Euro Disneyland Imagineering: “This new, open-air development will add to the beauty and immersiveness of Walt Disney Studios Park, while providing the perfect center stage for not only daytime shows, but also nighttime spectaculars. It will completely rejuvenate the park’s experience.”
- Tickets are on sale now for Disney Loves Jazz, a musical after hours event for the whole family. This special program will feature live music throughout the park, a full jazz concert, and characters and more!
- A rhythmic atmosphere will take over Walt Disney Studios Park this July for the return of Electroland. Highlights include a new DJ electro show, music, dancing and more during the jungle themed event.
For more information on what’s coming to Disneyland Paris, visit our Laughing Place Project Tracker page.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney travel planning