Matilda Lawler has been cast in the upcoming Disney+ original movie, Flora & Ulysses. Lawler will star as the titular character in film based on the book by Kate DiCamillo.
- According to Deadline, actress Matilda Lawler has been cast as the lead in the Disney+ movie, Flora & Ulysses.
- Lawler will play 10-year-old Flora opposite Alyson Hannigan and Ben Schwartz who have been cast as her parents.
- The movie will be based on Kate DiCamillo’s young adult novel, Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures.
About Flora & Ulysses:
- “The story centers on the imaginative, creative and cynical 10-year-old Flora, who could hardly predict that the little squirrel she saved from a tragic accident would be born anew and transformed into a superhero with the powers of strength, misspelled poetry and an uncanny knack for helping her and the lovable but broken people in her life become a family again.”
About Matilda Lawler:
- Flora & Ulysses will be Lawler’s first studio project.
- The young actress recently made her Broadway debut in The Ferryman, playing Honor Carney.
- Audience can also see her The Block Island Sound, an upcoming indie thriller from brothers Kevin and Matthew McManus.
- Lena Khan
- Gil Netter (Life of Pi)
- Brad Copeland (Spies in Disguise)
- Ana Ortiz has been cast in the Disney+ original series, Love, Simon.
- Disney+ is slated to launch in the United States on November 12, 2019. According to some studies, Disney+ is tracking well in key demographics ahead of its debut.
- A Chip ‘n’ Dale animated shorts series is coming to the streamer as well and will follow the mischievous duo on their big city adventures.