The 6th annual Her Universe Fashion Show will take place at San Diego Comic Con on Thursday, July 18. This fun event will be themed to “The Power of Fashion” and is open to aspiring designers who have a flare for geek couture.
- The 6th annual Her Universe Fashion Show is returning to San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) this summer.
- 24 designers will compete with their original geek couture designs to win the ultimate prize – the opportunity to collaborate with actress and Her Universe founder Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano, Star Wars) on a Her Universe fashion collection for Hot Topic.
- Presented by Her Universe, Hot Topic and DreamWorks Animation's She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, this year’s highly anticipated show will be held on Thursday, July 18 at 6 pm in the Harbor Ballroom of the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel.
2019 Her Universe Fashion Show:
- Hosted by Ashley Eckstein, the theme for this year’s show is “The Power of Fashion.”
- In the spirit of the critically acclaimed series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, the designs competing in this year’s show will be inspired by powerful characters, stories and themes.
- Many surprises are in store but the audience can expect that fashion will make a powerful statement on the runway.
- Two winners will be chosen, one by the audience and one by an expert panel of judges.
- Joining this year’s judges panel are:
- Ed LaBay (VP/GMM, Hot Topic)
- Liz Muñoz (CEO, Torrid)
- Lisa Baldzicki (VP Parks Merchandise & Product Development, Disney Parks)
- Meghan Camarena (@Strawburry17, Producer, Host, Actress)
- Merit Leighton (Voice of Frosta, on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power)
- Michaela Dietz (Actress, Voice of Amethyst, Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe)
- Kristi Siedow Thompson (Designer, 2018 Audience Winner)
- Cynthia Kirkland (Designer, 2018 Judge’s Winner)
- Jane Burson (Designer, 2018 Singer Sewing Winner)
Cartoon Network Junior Design Showcase:
- The Cartoon Network Junior Design Showcase will also return to The Her Universe Fashion Show.
- Her Universe and Cartoon Network held a competition for Junior Designers between the ages of 6-17, and the winners will showcase their Steven Universe-inspired designs when they hit the runway.
- The winners of the Cartoon Network Junior Design Contest will also design a collection with Her Universe for BoxLunch in 2020.
- This year’s content sponsor will be The Pop Insider and they will bring everything about the Fashion Show and pop culture news to one place.
- Espionage Cosmetics, leading nerd makeup company and self-proclaimed “nerd misfits,” will return as the hair and makeup sponsor to create the looks for the Her Universe runway models.
Fashion Show Deets:
- Check-in begins at 1pm on Thursday, July 18th in the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel Harbor Ballroom
- Doors open at 5:15 pm and the show begins at 6pm.
- The Her Universe Fashion Show is free for San Diego Comic-Con attendees and all ages are welcome.
More Her Universe: