Disneyland Resort is getting ready to celebrate Halloween with some spooky surprises in store. And while Oogie Boogie Bash replaces Mickey’s Halloween Party, the hauntingly fun nighttime show “Halloween Screams” will remain at Disneyland for all guests.
- Halloween Time returns to Disneyland Resort this year from September 6 through October 31.
- The Disney Parks Blog has announced that both Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park will experience transformations with:
- Seasonal attraction overlays
- Halloween-themed décor
- Halloween-themed food and beverage offerings
- Encounters with dastardly Disney villains
- And more
- Halloween fun at Disneyland park, begins with beautiful décor on Main Street, U.S.A., including a giant Mickey Mouse jack-o’-lantern and Pumpkin Festival.
- For the first time in nearly a decade, all guests visiting Disneyland will get to enjoy a version of the supernatural projection and special effects show – “Halloween Screams.”
- Plus on select nights, “Halloween Screams” will go sky high when the show is enhanced with the addition of fireworks!
- Additionally, the Haunted Mansion, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this summer, will transform into its annual holiday theme – Haunted Mansion Holiday – inspired by The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Notably absent from the current list is Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.
- The popular overlay will not be returning for this year’s festivities.
Disney California Adventure Park
- Across the esplanade, Oogie Boogie is taking over Disney California Adventure park with stylish Halloween decor along Buena Vista Street. And the façade of Carthay Circle will feature bats swarming around.
- As usual, the statue of the Headless Horseman will be a great photo spot along Buena Vista Street.
- Cars Land will celebrate Haul-O-Ween as Radiator Springs turns into Radiator Screams. Guests won’t want to miss:
- Hollywood Land will feature nightly transformations of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! as it becomes Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark.
- In Paradise Gardens Park, Plaza de la Familia will also return for a celebration inspired by the spirit of Día de los Muertos.
- Guests will celebrate the movie Coco and the everlasting bonds of family with:
- Live entertainment
- Craft making
- Delicious food
- Interactive experiences
- Special merchandise
- Guests can also enjoy “A Musical Celebration of Coco” where Miguel joins the Storytellers of Plaza de la Familia and the Mariachi Divas, transporting everyone into the story of young Miguel’s fantastical journey.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party: