Disney’s Animal Kingdom continues to celebrate The Lion King ahead of the theatrical release of the live-action remake of the animated classic. Soon, guests will be able to find a brand new Dooney & Bourke collection based on the movie as well as a new scavenger hunt, according to the Disney Parks Blog.
- Guests will be given a map and a set of stickers. These will be available at Outpost, Discovery Trading Company, Island Mercantile, and Mombasa Marketplace.
- Some of your favorite characters from The Lion King are hidden throughout Harambe Village in the Africa area of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Once you find one, add the corresponding sticker to your map to track your progress.
- Guests can then return their map to Mombasa Marketplace in Harambe or the Outpost Shop in the Oasis by September 28 to receive a savanna surprise.
- The Lion King scavenger hunt begins on July 19 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Fans of The Lion King will also want to check out the new Dooney & Bourke collection at the park,
- This new collection (seen above) will feature a satchel, crossbody and tote with a pattern that includes some of your favorite Lion King characters like Simba, Nala, Timon and Pumbaa.
- This new Dooney & Bourke Collection will also be available in Disney’s Animal Kingdom on July 19.
More on Disney’s The Lion King:
- “Disney’s The Lion King, directed by Jon Favreau (The Jungle Book), journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.”
The Lion King features the voices of:
- Donald Glover as Simba
- Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala
- James Earl Jones as Mufasa
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar
- Seth Rogen as Pumbaa
- Billy Eichner as Timon