Disneyland’s new attraction, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run blasts guests deep into outer space for a fantastic, heart racing mission. The Disney Parks Blog shared that just this week, the millionth rider experienced the attraction…and a few other surprises.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has been welcoming guests since its grand opening on May 31. During this time, fans have had a chance to explore the amazing new land that makes up Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu.
- One of the things fans can experience while at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run—a simulator ride that puts guests in the cockpit of the iconic ship and hands them the controls.
- Just this week, the attraction welcomed its one millionth guest (and his family), as they joined Hondo Ohnaka’s crew and set off on their own mission.
Meet the crew:
- Disney Cast Members who helped make the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge a success were on hand to welcome the Ridgeway family from Ocean Springs, Mississippi.
- Jonathan Ridgeway, 8, was joined by his mom Becky, dad Roger, and brother Logan, 4 for their adventure aboard the Falcon.
- During their visit, the family spent some time in the ship’s main hold and lounge where they met a surprise guest, Chewbacca!
- Then, Jonathan settled into the cockpit as a co-pilot of the Falcon.
- Afterwards, the family was treated to Blue and Green Milk for a celebratory toast!
About Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run:
- The out-of-this-world attraction combines immersive storytelling with interactive gameplay and makes guests the protagonist of their own Star Wars adventure!
- When it’s time for the mission to begin, each guest will be assigned one of three critical roles:
- Flight Engineers
- It’s up to guests and their fellow passengers to smuggle goods while avoiding any unnecessary entanglements.
- May the Force be with You!
- Check out Mike’s review of new attraction.
- Guests visiting Walt Disney World will soon have the chance to experience the attraction as well. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 29th.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland and Hollywood Studios will also open their second attraction in the coming months. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is scheduled to debut at Hollywood Studios on December 5, 2019 and at Disneyland on January 17, 2020.