A 23-year old female guest has been banned from Walt Disney World after allegedly punching a Tower of Terror cast member at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- During a July 13 visit, the guest, a tourist from Chicago, was allegedly angry she and her group did not have a FastPass for the popular attraction.
- The cast member just before the pre-show portion of the queue offered to help the group with their FastPasses, but they only became more angry.
- The 23-year old cast member called for security before the guest began pushing buttons on her ride podium, which the cast member warned could affect the ride.
- When the cast member asked the woman to stop she was ignored. After an attempt to push the guest’s hand away, she was hit in the face, according to the official report.
- The report also explains that the scene only escalated from there, with the family continuing to yell profanities and record the cast member with their phones.
- The guests left the attraction while the cast member spoke with security but they were tracked down soon after.
- When the Orange County Sheriff’s office responded to the call, the cast member’s eye was swelling but she declined treatment.
- She also declined to press charges against the guest, though Disney has issued a lifetime ban on the Chicago woman.
- When asked about the incident, a Disney spokeswoman simply said, ““We don’t tolerate unsafe behavior.”