D23 is excited to announce that guests attending the D23 Expo 2019 will have the opportunity to learn more about two of The Walt Disney Company’s initiatives. During the Expo, guests can visit the show floor to discover how Disney Aspire and Disney Team of Heroes makes an impact on the lives of many individuals and families.
- With the D23 Expo 2019 just two weeks away, D23 has shared that in addition to amazing panels, presentations, and events planned for the weekend, guests will have the chance to explore two brand-new experiences that celebrate two of The Walt Disney Company’s groundbreaking initiatives:
- Disney Aspire
- Disney Team of Heroes
Meet Disney Recruiters at the Disney Aspire Pavilion
- For the first time ever, Disney recruiters will be on the D23 Expo show floor at the Disney Aspire pavilion to meet with guests.
- Disney Aspire is The Walt Disney Company’s groundbreaking education investment program that enables Disney’s hourly employees to follow their educational dreams—while The Walt Disney Company pays for 100 percent of the tuition up front at schools in the Disney Aspire network.
- Launched in August 2018, Disney Aspire is the most comprehensive education investment program of its kind, offering more than 290 degrees and programs at 11 educational institutions.
- Committing $150 million over the next five years, Disney Aspire:
- Covers all costs associated with tuition and required books and fees
- Offers choice and convenience with multiple programs, classes, and scheduling options
- Provides individual coaching for employees from application to graduation and every step along the way
- Does not require the employee stay at Disney after the completion of their degree or certificate.
- Disney recruiters will be ready to speak to attendees who may be interested in joining Disney and becoming part of the story of entertaining and inspiring people around the globe.
Join the Disney Team of Heroes
- Guests are invited to walk through The Walt Disney Company Social Responsibility Pavilion and discover all the ways Disney is working to be an honorable company that delivers comfort to those in need and creates inspiration and opportunity for those who want to improve their world.
- In March 2018, Disney debuted a bold $100 million, five-year commitment to support children’s hospitals around the world as part of its Disney Team of Heroes initiative.
- The suite of experiences, murals, and interactive art aims to provide comfort and inspiration for children and families. The hospital concepts were designed by Disney creatives, technology and storytelling experts, and the world-renowned Imagineers and feature favorite Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel characters.
- Disney Team of Heroes is Disney’s philanthropic and outreach initiative that delivers comfort and inspiration to families with children facing serious illness, as well as the Company’s work in wish-granting.
- After the Disney Team of Heroes experience, guests will also be able to take part in a VoluntEARS activity where they will be able to assemble hospital care packages for kids in children’s hospitals.
D23 Expo 2019:
- Sunday single-day tickets are still available for this epic event. Disney fans of all ages won’t want to miss out on the jam packed weekend celebrating everything Disney!