Disney Junior has announced the premiere date for their new series The Rocketeer. The animated show about a young girl who becomes the next Rocketeer, will debut on Friday, November 8.
This morning, Disney Junior released a new trailer for The Rocketeer showing more of Kit Secord’s highflying, heroic adventures!
- Disney Junior’s The Rocketeer will premiere Friday, November 8, on Disney Channel (11:00 am EDT), Disney Junior (5:00 pm EDT) and DisneyNOW.
- The new comedic, animated adventure series features a young girl named Kit Secord, who takes to the skies to protect her community after becoming the surprise recipient of a rocket-pack that gives her the ability to fly.
- Inspired by Dave Stevens’ beloved superhero comic books and Walt Disney Pictures feature film, the series stars:
- Kitana Turnbull (A Series of Unfortunate Events) as Kit
- Billy Campbell as Dave Secord
- Kathy Najimy as Sareena Secord
- Campbell is best-known for starring as Cliff Secord in The Rocketeer film.
About the series:
- Set in the idyllic small town of Hughesville, each episode of The Rocketeer is comprised of two 11-minute stories that follow Kit as she embarks on a high-flying adventure to help save her community and its residents from trouble — usually brought on by the many comedic villains who will be featured throughout the series.
- As with most superheroes, Kit has a team to help her pull off her heroic adventures and keep her identity hidden from the masses:
- Best friend, Tesh, serves as Ground Control when Kit takes to the skies and is also the inventor of the hi-tech gadgets and upgrades for her rocket-pack
- Grandfather, Ambrose Secord, works at the Hughesville Airport and serves as her mechanic
- Also along for the ride is Kit’s loyal bulldog, Butch
About the premiere:
- In the premiere episode, Kit receives a surprise package on her birthday containing The Rocketeer’s helmet, which Grandpa Ambrose immediately recognizes as belonging to the famed superhero. With that, he unveils the rocket-pack which he was told to hang on to until the next Rocketeer was chosen.
- As Kit learns the ropes of becoming a flying superhero, Grandpa Ambrose and Tesh help with her training.
The Rocketeer guest stars:
- Upcoming guest stars include:
- Phylicia Rashad (Disney•Pixar’s upcoming Soul) as May Songbird, a famed stunt pilot who Kit helps overcome a fear of flying after a fall from grace
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) as Kit’s grandmother, Sitti, who comes to visit for the town’s annual food festival
- Annie Potts (Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story) as Dave’s younger sister and aviation test pilot, Scarlett
- Rahul Kohli (iZombie) as Tesh’s dad and Hughesville Trailblazers troop leader, Mr. Cheena
- D’Arcy Carden (The Good Place) as Ava, a self-flying airplane
The Rocketeer stars:
- In addition to Turnbull, Campbell and Najimy, the series stars:
- Voicing the recurring comedic villains in the series are:
- Maria Bamford (Arrested Development) and Kari Wahlgren (DC Superhero Girls) as sister team, Laura and Harley
- Maurice LaMarche (Futurama) as Sylvester Slapdash
- Charlie Adler (The Transformers franchise) as The Great Orsino
- Parvesh Cheena (Disney Junior’s upcoming Mira, Royal Detective) as Deany
- Celebrity chef Ted Allen (Chopped) as Cast-Iron Chef
- The series is developed and executive produced by:
- Nicole Dubuc (Transformers: Rescue Bots)
- Supervising director:
- Michael Kenny (Disney’s Miles From Tomorrowland)
- Beau Black (Disney’s The Lion Guard)
- Dominic Lewis (Disney’s DuckTales)
- The series is produced by Wild Canary in association with Disney Junior.