If you’re a baby of the 80s or 90s, you might find yourself eating a lot of McDonald’s later this month. That’s because the fast food chain has announced a special promotion where it will bring back 17 of its most iconic Happy Meal toys — including two Disney-centric toys.
- From Thursday, November 7th through Monday, November 11th (or while supplies last), participating McDonald’s locations will be offering throwback Surprise Happy Meal toys.
- This unique promotion will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first-ever Happy Meal.
- Among the “blast from the past” selections are two Disney toys: a 101 Dalmations toy from1997 and a Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey from 2002.
- Fun fact: the Happy Meals celebrating the live-action 101 Dalmatians had 101 unique toys, although the featured item here is one with a pup in Cruella de Vil’s car.
- As for the Sorcerer’s Apprentice toy, it was released as part of a celebration honoring Walt Disney’s 100th birthday
- Sadly, while this Surprise Happy Meal promotion will be available in more than 90 countries, these two particular prizes will be exclusive to the United States.
The full list of throwback Surprise McDonald’s Happy Meal toys includes:
- Cowboy McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
- Fireman McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
- Mail Carrier McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
- Hamburger Changeable (McDonald’s): 1989
- Grimace (McDonald’s): 1990
- Dino Happy Meal Box Changeable (McDonald’s): 1991
- McDonald’s Hot Wheels Thunderbird (Mattel): 1993
- Hamburglar (McDonald’s): 1995
- Power Rangers (Hasbro): 1995
- Space Jam Bugs Bunny (Warner Brothers): 1996
- Patti the Platypus (Ty Beanie Baby): 1997
- 101 Dalmatians – U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 1997
- Tamagotchi (Bandai): 1998
- My Little Pony (Hasbro): 1998
- Furby (Hasbro): 1999
- Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey – U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 2002
- Hello Kitty (Sanrio): 2013
More Happy Meal goodness: