Demolition is underway on Disney Springs’ new dining location Beatrix. While no opening date has been announced, the fresh, natural foods concept is taking over what used to be Bongos Cuban Cafe.
- Disney Springs’ West Side is undergoing some major updates, including a remodel the former Bongos restaurant.
- Earlier today, Laughing Place was visiting the shopping district and captured these photographs of the demolition taking place across from the AMC Theatre.
- As these pictures show, major sections of the structure have been torn open as the building undergoes its remodel.
- Wide rectangular spaces can be seen all along the sides of the empty building.
- Our photographer even ventured high up to get these interesting pictures that show the overall teardown.
- Depending on where you go to view the demolition, you can see right into the structure.
- Back on the ground, we can see the old Bongos patio balcony and the round columns that were designed to look like palm trees.
- While the giant pineapple seems like it would fit the fresh theme of Beatrix, it looks like the enormous fruit won’t be part of the new concept’s decor.
- Stay tuned for more updates from Laughing Place as we track the progress of this project!
- Owned by Chicago-based Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, Beatrix has a warm coffeehouse vibe and offers a grab-and-go market.
- Guests of all ages will love the variety of healthy food options available including, vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, fresh-squeezed juice cocktails.
- Beatrix also offers a bakery and full-service bar with a selection of all-American beer and wine.
- Located on Disney Springs West Side, Beatrix will neighbor AMC Theatres, Splitsville, Jose Andreas’ Jaleo and Pepe and is just moments away from The NBA Experience, City Works Eatery & Pour House, and Cirque du Soleil.
All photos by Jeremiah Good.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning