Aquatica Orlando is racing into 2020 with a one-of-a-kind new park attraction that will thrill park-goers – Florida’s first-ever dueling water slide, Riptide Race.
- When experiencing Riptide Race, riders will start atop a 68-foot tower and be able to grab a raft and take their mark in side-by-side racing lanes at top speeds.
- Each raft holds a team of two, so every rider will have a partner as they plunge toward a hopeful victory.
- Plus, Riptide Race rafts feature low walls to ensure full view of the competition.
- Dueling face-to-face, racers will navigate tight loops and accelerations through indoor and outdoor sections.
- The ride experience will be a marathon to the finish through nearly 650 feet of splashing slide.
- Riptide Race will have a height requirement of 42 inches to appeal to families with children, and the new slide will be conveniently located on the north side of the park next to Banana Beach Cook Out.
- No specific opening date has been set for Riptide Race as of yet.
What they’re saying:
- David Heaton, Aquatica Orlando vice president: “Riptide Race will offer a ride experience you won’t be able to get anywhere else in Florida. Aquatica will be the first waterpark in the state to have a thrilling, and more importantly, dueling water slide. Riptide Race is the perfect addition to our attraction portfolio, complementing what is already one of the most family friendly waterslide lineups in Orlando.”
ICYMI – More SeaWorld news:
- This weekend, SeaWorld parks are inviting guests to go behind the scenes to learn more about the company’s animal rescue and rehabilitation programs.
- Gather your family and meet your festive friends at SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration, taking place from November 23 through December 31.
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay are unveiling an unprecedented value with a new, All-Season Dining Pass, and if you purchase a 2020 pass now, you’ll eat free the rest of 2019.