Production of Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show animated series for Hulu has been put on hold. According to reports showrunner Erica Rivinoja and the writing team have been removed for creative and differences.
- Sources are citing creative differences between Marvel and showrunner Erica Rivinoja (Girls Trip, The Addams Family) and her team as the reason for their removal. However, THR notes that this decision is not tied to the executive restructuring at Marvel.
- Hulu announced plans for the four animated adult series and a special in February and all the shows are in various stages of production.
- According to THR, Rivinoja and her team were 15 weeks into a 20-week production cycle on Tigra & Dazzler Show which was slated to debut third on the streamer.
- M.O.D.O.K., Hit-Monkey, and Howard the Duck are still on track in their individual production schedules.
- While characters from all four series will share the screen in The Offenders, their stories do not crossover. The halt on production of Tigra & Dazzler Show doesn’t affect the other shows.
- As for the work done by Rivinoja and her team, everything is reportedly being scrapped. Marvel still plans to make Tigra & Dazzler Show but will be starting from square one and will hire a new showrunner.
- While Jeph Loeb has announced he’s exiting the company, he remains attached to executive produce the Marvel animated series from Hulu.
- Chelsea Handler is attached to executive produce and voice one on the leads for Tigra & Dazzler Show.
About the series:
- “Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the 8 million stories in L.A.”