With the current situation in the world today, the need for “social distancing” doesn’t make it easy for live performances on morning news and talk shows. That didn’t stop Broadway’s Genie, James Monroe Iglehart from belting out a few Disney tunes this morning on Good Morning America from his own home via webcam.
- With live performances and group gatherings currently halted, Broadway’s James Monroe Iglehart was featured on this morning’s Good Morning America live streaming from his own home.
- Iglehart is widely known for his Tony-winning performance of the Genie in Disney’s Broadway version of Aladdin. He left the company of that show in 2017, and can also be heard as the voice role of Lance Strongbow in Tangled: The Series.
- In this morning’s video performance, Iglehart sings a short medley of Disney tunes, including Hakuna Matata, Go The Distance, and complete with props, Friend Like Me, and Beauty and the Beast.
- The live video from his home was also shown on the big screens outside the ABC studio in New York in Times Square.
- If you’ve exhausted your streaming service watchlist and looking for programming this weekend, Freeform has announced their Freeform’s FunDay Princess Weekend, this weekend!
- In keeping with their trend of releasing their movies early during the spread of COVID-19, Disney has announced that Pixar’s Onward will be available on digital in the U.S. tonight (March 20) and will be coming to Disney+ on April 3.
- Broadway has gone dark as some of New York City’s biggest venues have been closed among the spread of the Coronavirus, cancelling multiple shows including some from Disney on Broadway.