Disney has announced another delay for the theatrical release of their live-action remake of the animated classic Mulan, which is now scheduled to arrive in theaters on August 21st.
- Originally set to arrive in theaters on March 27, Mulan was delayed back in April and set for a July 24 release.
- Mulan will now come to theaters on August 21st.
More on Disney’s Mulan:
- “When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the Imperial Army to defend the country from Northern invaders, Hua Mulan, the eldest daughter of an honored warrior, steps in to take the place of her ailing father. Masquerading as a man, Hua Jun, she is tested every step of the way and must harness her inner-strength and embrace her true potential. It is an epic journey that will transform her into an honored warrior and earn her the respect of a grateful nation…and a proud father.”
- Disney’s live-action Mulan is based on the narrative poem “The Ballad of Mulan.”
Mulan features a celebrated international cast that includes:
- Yifei Liu as Mulan
- Donnie Yen as Commander Tung
- Jason Scott Lee as Böri Khan
- Yoson An as Cheng Honghui
- Gong Li as Xianniang
- Jet Li as the Emperor
- The film is directed by:
- Niki Caro
- Screenplay by:
- Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver
- Elizabeth Martin & Lauren Hynek